Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Pandora Sellars (1936-2017)

Pandora Sellars, whose paintings played a key role in the resurgence of botanical art in the UK - and across the world - died last week in her home county of Herefordshire.

Pandora Sellars - Blue Water Lily Nymphaea nouchali var. caerulea, (1995), watercolour on paper
Pandora Sellars - Blue Water Lily Nymphaea nouchali var. caerulea, (1995), watercolour on paper
For those of you who have previously followed my blogging about botanical art on Making A Mark, you may wish to read my tribute to her which you can find on my dedicated botanical art news blog. See Pandora Sellars - an appreciation of a great botanical artist to learn how much she meant to botanical artists all over the world.

Some of her paintings - including the iconic blue water lily - are currently on display in the British Artists in the Shirley Sherwood Collection at the Shirley Sherwood Gallery at Kew Gardens until 17th September 2017.

You can read more about that exhibition in my blog post back in March about British Artists in the Shirley Sherwood Collection - an exhibition at Kew

She doesn't have a website. However I will be building a page about her life and botanical art career as part of my section related to the Twentieth Century Masters of Botanical Art on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.