Tuesday, March 10, 2015

From Artist to Author - Ulster University Festival of Art & Design

This time tomorrow I'll be in Belfast. That's because I'm a speaker at two events in the Ulster University Festival of Art and Design.  This is the 8th year that the Festival has run and it covers all the creative disciplines in art, design and the built environment on the Belfast campus of Ulster University.

The focus of both my events is Drawing.

My first talk is 'From Artist to Author' a talk about the experience of producing my first book about drawing - with an opportunity to ask questions about the process.

That's tomorrow night at 6pm in the Lecture Theatre on the Ulster University Belfast Campus in York Road, Belfast.


The second is Drawing Together - a panel discussion on Thursday in Room F05 between 11am and 1pm
A panel of artists and designers including Michael John Angel, of the Angel Academy, Florence; PJ Lynch; theatre designer David Craig; Katherine Tyrrell and Julie Douglas join together to talk about how they use drawing and sketching in their practice, and its importance across different creative media. From a doodle in a notebook, to a scaled draught, how does drawing influence, shape or result in creative work?
Both are part of a much bigger programme of events taking place all this week - see the main website for more details of the various events happening each day across a full range of Art and Design activities. I'll be trying to get to some of them myself!

Thanks to Julie Douglas for organising the Drawing events and inviting me to be a speaker.

1 comment:

  1. hope you have a good trip and look forward to seeing your blog post about it.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.